Monday, November 21, 2011

Oil changes...

Day #15: My Dad
Last Thursday night my oil light came on.

Now, if any of you know Revvie - an oil light is not something to be ignored. I have an awesome track record with my car not working quite how it should at the most inconvenient of times so I decided that since she gave me fair warning I would take her out of commission until I had time to take her for an oil change.

Saturday I attempted going but got there 5 minutes after the place closed.

This afternoon I sat in my office realizing that the next time I could realistically take my car to get the oil changed would be on Friday.

Then the office phone rang.

On the other end was my Dad - calling to see if it was ok for him to take my car in to get the oil changed before the place closed tonight.

Immediately my heart was filled with such gratitude for the continual kind example of my dad. He's constantly putting others before himself, and is always willing and happy to help. He is truly one of the kindest men I have ever met, and I am grateful every day for his love and example.

I can hardly wait to drive my car tomorrow and to be reminded that I can drive it, because my Dad took care of me.

No comments: